Our first New Year Celebrations


He was at mumbai and i was at chennai.. we decided to meet at the common place, bangalore at my brothers place for the New Year's Eve, Jan 4th is Karthik's birthday.. just few days ahead I was already planning for a surprise bday party for karthik.. as it was his first birthday after meeting.. i wanted to make it memorable.
I dont want him to guess that i was planing any surprise.. he definitly would coz he made my birthday a big hit.. he knew that i would do something..  But I really wanted it to be a surprise, I thought why not give away few of the handmade gifts (yes hand made.. i have the habit of giving hand made gifts for the loved ones.. y becoz u cant get those stuff at store.. its unique and its exclusive i wont claim i am good at hand made stuff but my stuffs are pretty decent), so as to cut off his guesses, as we are miles apart, so logically after giving away all the gifts, he might not expect anything on his birthday.


On Dec 31 2012 4 AM
I reached blr, he was waiting at the bus stand all dressed to receive me.. (to be there at the bus stand at 4 am, he must have got up by 3am took bath in the ice cold water, so sweet na..) It was damn cold in the morning.. he offered me his coat lyk a nice gentleman.. and was rubbing my hands all the way long to gimme some warmth.. We reached my bro's place at 4:45 AM, It was little wired having him at my bro's place in an unearthly timing.. But we dint wanna miss a min of being together (Note : Rem, It was before marriage. lols), my bro dint know how to react, he was half awake.. he asked us to help ourselves that he could get back to sleep.. but it he continued to chat it went on and on.. around 5:50 my sis in law joined the club after all how could she sleep when there of us were chatting so loud, we were chatting till 8AM.. 
Our plan was to spend the whole day at Bannerghatta national park bangalore and Mid night at MG Road.. as always plans never work the way we planned. I was so not feeling well that day, i was good enough in hiding it from him, we had a really good time at the park.. we got to see bear, lion, tigers It was worth it. Near the butterfly park i gave him the first gift.
It was a "Waterfall Birthday Card", with a collage of his photos from childhood, which i collected from his mom months ahead. He seemed to be impressed.. he in-turn gave me a fancy pendent.. we spent a lot of time sitting at the park bench talking sweet nothings.. pain seem to be raising exponentially and i was no longer able to hide it from him.. When it comes to taking care, he is the best. I was totally down, he was cheering me up.. so we decided to start from the park by 2PM while waiting for the bus i gave him the other gift  "An External Hard Disk Drive" come on just hand made stuff isn't enough, I got to get some thing which he can actually use.
We were then wandering at the FORUMS.. we dint know were to go.. we got tickets to Alvin and the chipmunks ll, I was almost sleeping lying on his shoulders.. damn it was a short movie and we have to leave the theater soon.. We were trying to find a place at the food court and we found one near the pathway.. instead i insisted him on finding a corner table as i was planning to give him another gift.. i dint want others to notice our little celebration, also when others are noticing you wont get the genuine reaction, people tend to keep emotions subtle.. and i dint want that to happen.. for i have put so much of  time and effort preparing it.. he was trying to convince, and get me seated as he dint know my plan, I kept insisting.., then we decided to sit in the same table, till we get the corner table.. in the next table a cute young lady was sitting and observing us.. she was smiling at us.. he left to get some coffee and snack, she waved at me, we got into small conversation.. she asked if we were lovers, as said we both make a good pair (trust me..i swear she did) she said she works for fashion.. i told her we were engaged   and i am planing to gift him for his birthday.. she pointed a geek sitting in the corner reading a bulky book and said seems he is here over an hour now.. request him to leave, by the  time i was about to approach the geek, karthik was back.. i told him i am going to request that guy to leave.. he said it would not be nice, what if he dint leave..but who cares.. we could give a try anyways.. I asked him.. he said yes and left.. good geek he is, fashion girl winked and showed thumbs up!
Finally we got the corner seat, i gave him the gift.. "The Handmade Photo Album" he was moved.. he dint speak a word he was quite for a while, the cute girl approached us.. she wished him for birthday, both of us new year..then mom in law called he was eagerly telling his mom about the card i gave him.. all of us were happy.. as i was still not feeling well, we decided to cancel the MG road plan and got back to home, my bro had few friends at home, we were chatting till it was 12.. then we all went out to celebrate to the near by mall guess its "Total Mall"  McD was open.. they gave us cake as a part of celebration..we came back.. me and karthik slept on the bean bag in the hall. My eyes was closed i can barely open it.. But i knew, i can sense that he is watching me sleep.


you can expect the the birthday blooper in a few days..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What "to" & "not to" say to an autistic mom.

Restart Life

The Crux of My Enigmatic Big-Decision!