Road to motherhood..

It has been like a roller coaster ride..

I knew i was pregnent when we were at munaar on our 3rd honeymoon, I tried giving little hints to my husband but he was not smart enough to crack it. Then i told the very info on a boat in a middle of the lake, and was waiting him to react, but he was calm and composed, i dint get the response which i was expecting may be i was too filmy.

I felt very special that i am going to deliver a new life to this world, never in my life i have felt myself as important or worth as now. I was the centre of attraction where ever i go, lots n lots of wishes, greeting, advices and cautions. I was surprised to know how many people even strangers cared during this phase.

 I did feel butterflies and bubble bursting effects (around end of 22 week) later i came to know those were kicks of my baby's tiny little feet. One can hardly explain how it feels when the baby kicks, Its a girl thing, however as baby grows kicks will be stronger that anyone can feel it buy touching the baby bump, but its definitely not the same.

Apps like Baby centre and spouts really helped in week on week baby growth stages, tracking weight, doctors appointment, no of kicks and lot more.

Since then i have been totally crazy and out of my senses. Of course I was more than happy that i am going to have a baby in a few weeks.. on the other hand i was scared, stressed and felt insecure. Like is it a right time, can i take care of the baby, will u gain weight, job?! what not..

 Not that i am complaining but if you wanna rainbow, you kinda got to put up with rain.. in my case it was rainstrom..  I was not able to concentrate on anything. Literally I dint know what i was doing all these days.. i was not in my senses. Sleep deprivation, constant nausea, heart burns, mood swings, restlessness, lots of hormonal changes, skin peeling, back pain, leg cramps, untime food craving etc. I Agree these symptoms are common for all moms to be, but usually lasts only till first trimester. I am in my final trimester and still facing all the issues.

A feeling of self pity seem to grow for myself, not able to eat and not able to sleep, i by all means tried each and every suggestion like tablet eating small meals, eating slow, liquid food, lemon, imily, aalu pakoda fruit, walking to get rid of vomiting but all in vain, nothing helped. I also tried to find the trigger and finally narrowed down that following stuff makes me sick milk, few fruits (esp apple and pomegranate), onion, coconut, oil, dhal, any kind of masala, non veg, few veg (with carbs) godddddddd too many to pen down. Finally i was left with nothing but Idly, porridge and curd.

People told me usually delivery happens 1-2 weeks well before the due date, I opted for my maternity leave 2 weeks before due and was waiting everyday.. for the baby.. My Due was on May 3rd 2013. Till may 2 there was no sign of labor, so we decided to wait till may 3 or to go for cesarean,

May 3rd 7 AM my gynaecologist induced pain, and i was in labor till 2 PM, i was calling for all my fav god, i begged for cesarean as i was not able to bear the pain, but doctor said its almost time and kept encouraging to push by 2:02 my son was born.. Hail and healthy :)



End of the day all those pain is paid off.. I bet if i have to do it all over again to have my baby boy i will with all my hearth without any second thoughts.. afterall he is the one who is adding meaning to my life.. Varun is the second best thing happened to me.. Of course the first one is My Bawa!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What "to" & "not to" say to an autistic mom.

The Crux of My Enigmatic Big-Decision!

Restart Life